Yellow, Yellow, Yellow

That’s all I’m hearing on repeat for this new project. We are making a typography video with lyrics of a song of our choice. I chose the song “Yellow” by Coldplay. I don’t have a favorite song, and never could, but this is one of the greatest. The song can be kind of confusing to understand the meaning, but it’s really a powerful, beautiful love song. When you think of the word yellow you probably think of the sun, stars, warmth, happy etc. This song is about stars and how feeling can be yellow. I just love the way the artist wrote the music and the lyrics are beautiful. The first verse says this:

” Look at the stars, look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah they were all yellow

I came along, I wrote a song for you

And all the things you do

And it was called yellow ”

Into the chorus which is,

” Your skin, Oh yeah your skin and bones

Turn into to something beautiful

You know, you know I love you so

You know I love you so. ”

Before deciding to use After Effects to make my video, I experimented with Adobe Animate. It was really cool, but not exactly for the type of project I am creating. I found that Animate is more for creating a cartoon video or dialogue of some type. After Effects has been great for making little movements and text effects at precise times. I have had a few problems with saving it and documents disappearing, but I am moving along and I can’t wait to finish and have a great end result! What I decided to do is create my images and backgrounds in Adobe Illustrator and give them movements and effects in After Effects. I recently started putting my text in and wow is it interesting how long it takes to get a few seconds into the song. Each word or phrase needs to be exact on the second of the sound. I have a feeling that once I start to do it more and more I will get the hang of it and get a roll! Hopefully next time I’ll be done and ready to tell all about it!